Pages

Thursday, 19 April 2012

Slapped Cheek

Anyone for a good spanking? 


Not quite the topic for today's post I'm afraid, my cheeks are rouge for another reason...

It appears slapped cheek isn't just a cheeky arrangement between consenting adults - it is less sexily the slang name for the Parvovirus B19 virus. Sorry! A virus most commonly contracted in childhood. It is also known as the fifth disease, as it's the fifth most common virus kids catch. Most adults are immune to it - having caught it at some point when they were little. In the UK, April and May are the peak months for the virus. However, it can occur at any time.

Whilst it is relatively common and mild in kids, it is one pregnant women who are not immune want to avoid if possible - especially before 20 weeks.

For pregnant women not immune to the virus - miscarriage is more common if you become infected before 20 weeks of pregnancy. So, if you are pregnant, keep away from people who have slapped cheek disease. If you are pregnant and have been in contact with a person with the virus then your doctor may ask for you to have a blood test.

So after my good friend rang to say her two kids (aged 1.5 and 8 yrs both have Slapped Cheek) I duly called my doctor, and subsequently have had a blood test to see if if caught it this time/in the past i.e. am immune/or not at all. Luckily for me my 36 week, almost baked bubba, is pretty robust by now and the virus shouldn't cause either of us any issues.

If you want to know more about Slapped Cheek just google it - there are loads of info and images  on line. Don't worry you won't be inundated by spanking websites - but if you do spot any funny ones let me know! 




Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo

1 comment:

  1. Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! I have a question about your blog. HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Tell friends about our blog....