Pages

Friday, 25 May 2012

Hooray for Hypnobirthing and 'Hello Adam'

Sorry for the radio silence readers - I've been busy having a baby don't you know. 

Having never been early for anything in my life, I was a bit surprised to find myself in labour last Tuesday evening, 2 days BEFORE my due date. Having also been previously induced, I wasn't totally au fait with spontaneous labour thingy, so I took a little convincing I was really having a baby. Oh so that was a 'show'....

After calling my parents and alerting them to the fact they didn't need to rush, but perhaps could come down that evening (the appointed babysitters for our toddler), I was taken by surprise when my waters went pop! The subsequent contractions arriving every 3-2 minutes apart convinced me to get on the phone again and suggest my parents did rush.


After getting to Kingston Hospital - which I opted for after a not so nice 5 day stay at St Peters for my firstborn - things calmly but quickly progressed. As a previous subscriber to hypnobirthing I was geared up to do it all again; breathing exercises, affirmations and the rest. Well - it worked. 6 hours later and a bit of gas and air for last 6 minutes, and a healthy 7lb 9oz baby born was in my arms. Adam John Michiel Friedländer. Big sister Juliet thinks he is the best thing since the bubble machine.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell friends about our blog....